Find a roofer in Maryville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is a good season for roofing projects?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to call a roofer.
Many roofers have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the usual rate roofing experts charge per square foot?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost factor will differ depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What is the typical period of time to rebuild a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the project.
What is the correct occasion to schedule a roof inspection?
Most roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Maryville, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Maryville, Illinois. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.