Find a roofer in Martinsville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When is the best season for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to book.
Many roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
How much is the rate for most roofing contractors per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials and the labor. Of course, the cost factor will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the approximate time required for building a replacement roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Martinsville, IL. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
When is a roof inspection required?
Most roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Martinsville, IL
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Martinsville, IL, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.