Find a roofer in Marseilles, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the proper time to schedule an inspection for my roof?
Most roofing contractors suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the usual cost of roof replacement services from a roofing professional?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much is a roofer's rate to fix the roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
When is the best season to get your roof serviced?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time to book.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Marseilles, IL
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Marseilles, IL. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.