Find a roofer in Maroa, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Maroa, Illinois. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this can really postpone the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Maroa, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Maroa, Illinois. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.