Find a roofer in Marion, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
Which is the ideal time to get your roof serviced?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time to schedule.
Many roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the average rate roofing experts charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will differ with the products that are being used for the job.
How long does it typically take to build a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
When should I get a roof inspection?
Most roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Marion, Illinois
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Marion, Illinois, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our powerful platform, you can get the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Marion, Illinois. Find the right contractor for your property right away.