Find a roofer in Marengo, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time for services.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Marengo, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Marengo
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Marengo, IL
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Marengo, IL. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for the job.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to assist. With our powerful platform, you can get the finest roofing maintenance services in Marengo, IL. Get the roofing services you need for your property right away.