Find a roofer in Loves Park, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Loves Park, Illinois
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Loves Park, Illinois. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.