Find a roofer in Lombard, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lombard, IllinoisRoofing // Illinois // Lombard
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the usual period of time for a roof replacement?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Lombard, Illinois. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roofing appointment?
Many roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the usual price for replacement services from a roofing specialist?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What costs are associated with fixing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Lombard, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Lombard, Illinois. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to hire the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.