Find a roofer in Lombard, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Illinois // Lombard
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When should I get a roof inspection?
Many roofers suggest biannual roof inspections since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
How do roofers generally price labor for a replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the cost for repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Which is the best season for roofing services?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Lombard, IL
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Lombard, IL. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for the job.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our streamlined app, you can get the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Lombard, IL. Get the roofing services you need for your property today.