Find a roofer in Logan, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Logan, IL
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Logan, IL, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.