Find a roofer in Lisle, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lisle, IllinoisRoofing // Illinois // Lisle
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When during the year is good for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the customary rate per square foot that roofers charge?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials and the labor. Of course, how expensive it will be will vary depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
How long does it take to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing contractor can come up with the hours for the project.
What is a good time for scheduling a roof inspection?
Many roofers recommend biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Lisle, IL
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Lisle, IL, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the experience you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to hire the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.