Find a roofer in Lincolnwood, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Illinois // Lincolnwood
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
During which season should I book roofing services?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time for services.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the usual price roofing contractors charge per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will change depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What is the normal duration for a roof rebuild?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Lincolnwood, Illinois. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to delay the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
At what stage should I consider getting an inspection for my roof?
The majority of roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Lincolnwood, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Lincolnwood, Illinois. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy solution to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.