Find a roofer in Lincolnwood, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Lincolnwood, IL. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lincolnwood, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Lincolnwood
Roofing Maintenance Services near Lincolnwood, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Lincolnwood, IL. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.