Find a roofer in Lexington, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lexington, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Lexington
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Lexington, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Lexington, IL. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.