Find a roofer in Lenzburg, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Lenzburg, Illinois. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Lenzburg, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Lenzburg, Illinois. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.