Find a roofer in Lena, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the standard rate charged by roofing contractors for a replacement job?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the expected expenditure for roof repair services?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the normal cost per square foot that roofers charge?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will change depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the normal duration to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Lena, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Lena, Illinois. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient option to hire the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.