Find a roofer in Lemont, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lemont, IllinoisRoofing // Illinois // Lemont
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is a good season for roofing services?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to call a roofer.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the usual cost per square foot for roof maintenance services?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What is the normal period of time to rebuild a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
What is the appropriate occasion to book a roof inspection?
Many roofers suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Lemont, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Lemont, Illinois. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.