Find a roofer in Lemont, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Illinois // Lemont
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What time of year is good for a roofing project?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time for services.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
How much should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the normal period of time to rebuild a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
What is the right time to book a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Lemont, Illinois
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Lemont, Illinois. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.