Find a roofer in Leland, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When is a roof inspection required?
Most roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the usual cost of replacement services from a roofing contractor?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will establish the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much is a contractor's rate to repair the roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
When should I schedule to have roofers come out?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Leland, IL
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Leland, IL. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our powerful platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Leland, IL. Find the right contractor for your property today.