Find a roofer in Lebanon, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Lebanon, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Lebanon, IL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.