Find a roofer in Lake In The Hills, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lake In The Hills, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Lake in the Hills
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Lake In The Hills, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Lake In The Hills, Illinois. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Lake In The Hills, Illinois. Get the roofing services you need for your home today.