Find a roofer in Lake Forest, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Illinois // Lake Forest
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the estimated time required for building a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Lake Forest, Illinois. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
At what point should I think about getting an inspection done for my roof?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the standard rate charged by roofers for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What are the normal costs associated with repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs call for the attention of a professional and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Lake Forest, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Lake Forest, Illinois. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient solution to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our platform.