Find a roofer in La Grange Park, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Illinois // La Grange Park
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
How much will a roofer charge for a roof replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Typically, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much should I estimate for rooftop repair expenses?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs do require the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
How much should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofing expert's services?
Services for your roof can be about $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the overall cost will differ with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the usual duration to rebuild a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in La Grange Park, IL. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in La Grange Park, IL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in La Grange Park, IL. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to hire the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.