Find a roofer in Kingston, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Kingston, Illinois. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Kingston, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Kingston
Roofing Maintenance Services in Kingston, Illinois
When you need roofing maintenance services in Kingston, Illinois, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.