Find a roofer in Kempton, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How long does it typically take for a roofer to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
How do roofing contractors normally charge for their services for a replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What should I estimate for rooftop repair expenses?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Kempton, Illinois
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Kempton, Illinois. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.