Find a roofer in Kempton, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Kempton, IL
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Kempton, IL. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for the job.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.