Find a roofer in Keensburg, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Keensburg, IL. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Keensburg, IL
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Keensburg, IL, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.