Find a roofer in Joliet, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Illinois // Joliet
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is a good time for roofing jobs?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to call a roofer.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the regular cost per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can cost about $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will change depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the usual period of time to replace a roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which time is best to get my roof evaluated?
The majority of roofing contractors recommend biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Joliet, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Joliet, Illinois. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to hire the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.