Find a roofer in Jerseyville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in Jerseyville, IL. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Usually, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Jerseyville, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Jerseyville, IL. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our user-friendly app, you can get the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Jerseyville, IL. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your home today.