Find a roofer in Jacksonville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Jacksonville, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Jacksonville, IL. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our powerful app, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Jacksonville, IL. Find the right contractor for your house right away.