Find a roofer in Humboldt, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Humboldt, IL
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Humboldt, IL. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best professional for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free option to find the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.