Find a roofer in Homewood, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Homewood, IllinoisRoofing // Illinois // Homewood
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the estimated time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the project.
When is a roof inspection needed?
The majority of roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof since routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the normal cost of replacement services from a roofer?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the approximate price range for fixing a roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs do require the attention of a roofer and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Homewood, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Homewood, IL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.