Find a roofer in Homer, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Homer, IllinoisRoofing // Illinois // Homer
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What should I expect to pay a roofer for a roof replacement job?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the price range for repairing a rooftop?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs call for the attention of a professional and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will change depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the estimated time required for constructing a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can approximate the hours for the job.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Homer, IL
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Homer, IL. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the best professional for the job.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.