Find a roofer in Holcomb, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Holcomb, Illinois. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Holcomb, Illinois
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Holcomb, Illinois, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.