Find a roofer in Herscher, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How long does it take for a roofer to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
At which point should I consider having an inspection done for my roof?
Most roofers suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the standard cost charged by roofers for a roof replacement job?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the expected cost for roof maintenance services?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Herscher, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Herscher, Illinois. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.