Find a roofer in Hebron, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Illinois // Hebron
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the estimated time needed for constructing a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Hebron, Illinois. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really delay the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
At what stage should I consider getting a roof inspection conducted?
Many roofers recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the normal price for roof replacement services from a roofing professional?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the approximate cost for fixing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Hebron, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Hebron, Illinois. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our platform.