Find a roofer in Havana, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Havana, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Havana
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Havana, Illinois
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Havana, Illinois, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Apart from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to hire the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.