Find a roofer in Hartford, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
During which season should I book services with a roofing expert?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a common time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to call a roofer.
Many roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the customary rate per square foot that roofing contractors charge?
Roofing services can be around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost factor will change with the products that are being used for the job.
How long does it take to get a roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Hartford, IL. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing specialist can estimate the hours for the project.
When is the best time to set up a roof inspection?
Many roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Hartford, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Hartford, IL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.