Find a roofer in Hartford, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Hartford, IL. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Hartford, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Hartford, IL. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.