Find a roofer in Harrisburg, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Harrisburg, IL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Harrisburg, IL. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to hire the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.