Find a roofer in Hamilton, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Hamilton, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Hamilton, IL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Hamilton, IL. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property today.