Find a roofer in Grayslake, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Illinois // Grayslake
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When should I plan to get roofing contractors come out?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This means that winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the average price roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will differ with the products that are being used for the job.
What is the usual duration for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which time is best to arrange for a roof inspection?
Many roofing contractors suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Grayslake, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Grayslake, IL. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.