Find a roofer in Glenview, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Glenview, IllinoisRoofing // Illinois // Glenview
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should a roof inspection be done?
Most roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the standard cost charged by roofing professionals for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the price range for repairing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Major repairs do require experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the most suitable time for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to call a roofer.
A lot of roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Glenview, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Glenview, IL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.