Find a roofer in Glen Carbon, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What season is ideal for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time to call a roofer.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the rate for most roofers per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this can really stall the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
What is a good time for booking a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections since routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Glen Carbon, IL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Glen Carbon, IL. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.