Find a roofer in Gladstone, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
At which point should I think about getting a roof inspection done?
The majority of roofing professionals advise getting biannual inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the standard rate charged by roofing contractors for a roof replacement project?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the expected price for roof maintenance services?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a professional and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
When should I plan to have roofing contractors come out?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Gladstone, Illinois
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Gladstone, Illinois. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.