Find a roofer in Girard, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is a good time for booking a roof inspection?
Most roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the normal price charged by roofers for a replacement job?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What are the usual costs affiliated with repairing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
What season is best for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a common time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Girard, IL
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Girard, IL, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the skills and experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to find the best professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.