Find a roofer in Girard, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Girard, Illinois
When you need roofing maintenance services in Girard, Illinois, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.