Find a roofer in Geneseo, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the approximate time required for building a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
What is a good time for booking a roofing appointment?
Most roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
At what cost will a roofing professional charge for replacement?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the rate for fixing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a professional.
Major repairs call for experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Geneseo, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Geneseo, IL. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to hire the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.