Find a roofer in Geneseo, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Geneseo, Illinois
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Geneseo, Illinois, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.