Find a roofer in Gardner, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the standard price charged by roofers for a replacement job?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much should I budget for rooftop maintenance?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
How much should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will differ depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe to build a new roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Gardner, Illinois
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Gardner, Illinois, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Gardner, Illinois. Find the perfect contractor for your home today.